Freewriting Blog

Freewriting is one of the best methods making your writing habitual; in other words, removing the fear of your writer's block. In the days of social media we can say everyone is the special writers who can say something special and contribute to enrich our digital sphere. If we have any questions, the first thing we do is needless to say, searching internet. Considering our behavior decades ago this is a kind of amazing. Without visiting the libraries and checking the dictionaries and encyclopedia, we can get more information from our shared digital sphere just a few clicks away.

The Passion of creation by Leonid Pasternak

And this kind of thing is possible only because everyone is creating and posting anything there. The more we do this, the more such digital sphere looks like our huge collective consciousness. People also call it Big Data; or even we can say the huge collection of various big data storages.

But also some say that while there are a lot of huge data in this digital sphere, it is also true that most of them would be just "junk" compared with the knowledge stored in the physical libraries.  Well, in this "light" entry I will not explore the concept and philosophy of big data, the one thing  we should notice is that such huge collection of "junk" is indeed the very advantage of so-called big data approach. From the Twitter posts by naughty teenagers to the academic articles by worldly famous professors and scholars, to company marketing pitches, to mere log records of company employees, etc. Literally everything can be stored and considered as the useful treasure depending on how you analyze them in the given data approaches.

With this new value and perspective in mind, now I believe even posting a set of freewriting posts must be useful in one way of another. This can represent the stream of consciousness of the blog writer. In my case I conduct as set of freewriting for my idea generation and draft-writing. The irony here is sometimes such set of freewriting (at least for me) more interesting, whereas the end products looks more stiff and inhuman.

In this blog called "Breathing" my effort is to post my freewriting results to share the stream of my consciousness in the digital sphere.

But then, there are a few things I have to keep in mind:

1) At least I should conduct a minimum level of proof writing. If such writing is not comprehensible to the readers. It is not useful at all in the first place. While this is a result of freewriting (meaning my personal effort to clarify my mind), there is also an intention to share my thoughts to readers.

2) Contradicting to (1), I should not be too much conscious of the grammar, syntax and spelling (well, a spell checker can help for this part). While intending to communicate with the readers, this is still the stream of my consciousness. Such nature should be retained for the sake of another level of readability.

3) As for the topics, while I try to keep the "anything under the sun" approach, due to my preference, the topics will tend to be more conceptual and reflective, not the "I went there; I eat this and that" topics. Well, I do, but if possible I'd like to focus on the thoughts and insights derived from them.

Hopefully this attempt of "freewriting" could inspire my everyday writing...

Thank you!
Tom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting the Muses

How to read the Bible

Innovations on Writing